Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Morning...


is all right for drawing. Here is a view out my window of the lqhwa and the buildings... time is about 10:00AM and the square is slow to start. Whiteboard sketching is going to take a little getting use to, but I believe it will only improve as I understand the way the ink take to the surface. What i need is a maul stick, right now I am using a small straight edge, but I am looking around the streets and shops for a stick, cane or something that is about 3 feet long sturdy and straight. My best friend Susan is sending me some colored dry markers...YIPPEE so soon I will start rendering in basic colors... need to fine a way to create grays... not sure it is possible.

My goal here is to post a new drawing every day or at least a couple each week... nshallah. But it feels great to be drawing again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim,
    Your talent continues to amaze me - a white board!
    Congrats on finding a place of your own.
    Lau

    ReplyDelete