Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, January 17, 2011

3500 Light Years from Home

I found out my team lost yesterday with a one o'clock skype from Stephen, I had dozed off and neither of us wanted to dissect the lose too much. Yes my football team lost yesterday and the only thing that is helping ease the pain is that I have been so far removed from their outstanding season that I did not have the week-to-week investment I would normally have... so the pain will not linger. I have to quote a friend who said after the game something to the affect of "... we have 8 picked in the top 100 in the spring draft... we will be back in the big dance next year..." I for one believe that the next 4 years will be as good as any in the Brady era...

Today I finally got my fridge and spent two hours cleaning it and found a few roaches in the bottom... not a good way to start a relationship with the one piece of equipment that holds all your food. So now I keep checking my kitchen and on the alert to kill and destroy any crawling creature. Shit is nothing simple here... can't I get something that is right the first time... this is why it is so hard to find booze here, because I need a shot of Johnnie Walker...deba!!

Been slacking off on my drawings and promise to get another one up soon. Trying to get a carpenter to make me my easle, when to his shop today but he was gone... I hope to see him tomorrow.

Baseball season starts soon...

1 comment:

  1. Feb 8th is Truck day in Boston, Jim. Can't wait for Spring training!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete