Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Come Monday...

Monday came early today... I rolled out of my sleeping bag, made a pot of coffee and thought about doing my laundry. Which means heating a pot of water filling a tub with cold water and soap, adding the warm water so my fingers will function later and getting elbow deep into the tub, rinsing and ringing by hand and then up to the roof to dry on the line. Not my idea of a fun way to start the morning but I refuse to have someone else do what I can do... stubborn or cheap.... yeah both.
After laundry or I should say in between "loads" I erased the whiteboard and did another sketch out my window... this time a little further down the road... at first I was a little hestitant to just wipe out what i had done the other day... but I can't get attached to them it is a whiteboard after all. This one is about 11AM looking down at Cafe Argentina... one of the busier cafes in this square, it also has a pool hall... sefrou has more pool halls the Fall River and I did not think that was possible. I must look into why so many.

So here is my latest enter from Sefrou... I hope you all like it.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, These "whiteboard" sketches are just what I've been waiting to see. Fabulous! Can't wait to see them in living color.
    be well,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete