Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Day in a Life...

The other day I was sitting in the cafe next to my home sipping my coffee and sketching the people as they walked by. Now Morocco is a very different world then your everyday American city... street vendors sell everything for food and fruit to secondhand everything. Well today a man came up holding a few large whiteboards.... yes i said whiteboard, like the ones in every corporate office I have ever been in. Iam thinking damn I could use one of those... so i ask the price he of course gives it to me in ryals, then francs and last french dirhams... i finally do the math and figure ok he is as 250Dhs. No way "gali bzzf" so I tell him no and off he goes. Later he comes back the price is now 200Dhs... I offer 150Dhs and we settle on 160Dhs with markers. Ten minutes later it is on the wall in my home and the image above is my first primitive sketch out my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment