Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, July 25, 2011

There She Goes Just A Walking Down the Street..

This is a small oil painting I did the other day... size is 9x12 inches and I did it using cardboard to apply the paint to the canvas. Since I dont have any pastel stumps here I made own using toilet paper rolls - yes I now use toilet paper - and the priority mail packages that people send me... nothing get thrown away in the Peace Corps. What I did was fold the cardboard until a got the point I was looking for and used that as my instrument along with my fingers in spots. I was looking for texture in this piece and I think I got that... plus with the canvas being so small and most of my oil brushes are large I was not about to "trim" any brushes. I haven't signed it yet so I may still go back into it once it sets up a little more.
I found the composition (image) either on a PCV site or just a random search on the internet... so I take no credit for the compositon (well swiya..I did change it some) but the rendering is all mine.
I have one more canvas left... and heading to Rabat soon to purchase more... it is expensive on my PC salary, but somethings I need others I dont... like meat.... who needs meat, i can survive on fruit, veggies, pasts and soups... hmmm maybe that is why I have dropped close to 30lbs... "humdu-li-lah" as they say in Sefrou.
salam-

No comments:

Post a Comment