Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Roasted Corn on the Cob and Other Sights


Roasting corn on the cob has become the latest sidewalk food here... the corn is cooked over an open fire on a stick and if you get one that is not burnt, then it reminds me of home swiya... only I would like some fresh butter... the salt they have.
In this sketch is the ever present souq bag... for 6-10Dhs yo can pick one of these up and do your shopping... I need to get another one.



These drawings are just ramdon woman and the a quick sketch of the push cart man... in every town in Morocco they are bzzf amount of push carts... men or boys who for a few Dhs will move anything from point A to B...

No comments:

Post a Comment