Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Something In The Way She Moves..

I saw this little woman with her hand on her hip walking by the cafe next to my home... I scratched her in first as quick as I could as she was not going to stop for me... so like a snapshot in my brain I jotted down her general shape and attitude... from there I place the men in the cafe in the background to complete the picture.

There are a few cafe here that women enter but never outside on the sidewalk... In Morocco the women are harder to draw as they are always in motion on the streets, where as most men sit for hours in the cafe... so this is a very common scene in Morocco... it would be even more so if she was loaded down with bags and a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment