Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Weavers Live Down the Street...


Continuing the theme to capture the woman of Morocco...

Switched back to oil paint for this painting... I started this yesterday and I am about 4 hours into it... it came together rather quick and I think I will just suggest the wool on the left a little define the hand more and than put it to bed. I was inspired to this piece from all the women that SDB work with here with the Peace Corps. They spend hours a day... day-after-day working on these wooden loams creating these zrbiya in the hope that they will make a swiya l'flus for the family.

I have one more canvas left and would like to complete it or at least start it over the next week... then Ramadan is on the horizon and life will change here even more... night becomes day... day becomes night. Then I will need to get to Rabat to buy more supplies.

Hope you like my attempts...
salam-

No comments:

Post a Comment