Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Waiting...

Waiting for call to prayer... this was the fourth call of the day which in my town takes place around 7ish these days. I saw this man in traditional dress sitting outside the bab of the mosque and his look was of a religious man and it propelled me to try to capture it. My thought was this could be the 11th century or 21st... as this man waits to pays his respects to his prophet and god he is in deep thought... I focused on his gesture... dispelling detail... minutes late the muezzin call comes..." Allah Akbar..." is repeated and the man slowly raises up, his walk to the door is deliberate... bends down to remove his sandles and disappears into the holy building... and I am left with the call trailing off and the low murmuring of praying from within. Iam not a follower, I have my own already... I am an observer... I take snippets and play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment