Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back Up To Boston...

Back home in Boston... and spending the week on Cape Cod. Came into Logan last Thursday, arriving 2 hours late from Paris, but happy to be home. Seeing my loved ones for the first time... words can not describe how I felt and the warmth that flowed through my veins, it was less of a shock to come from Sefrou to Boston since I had visited Europe recently and experienced the bussle for the western world... still at times I look around is disbelief at what a different world I have lived in over the last 11 months. Even when Morocco attempts to bring the western world in... there is something amiss as it does not fit or they have not figured how it blend the old and the new.

The Cape has been great, the weather all week here has been beautiful, my family has visited the cottage off and on and in general I have missed the ocean and I am reminded that I have to be close to the salt water to truely feel at peace. The seafood has been fantastic and in general I am eating too much... when I arrived in Morocco I was placed on the scale and weighed in at a whooping 196lbs ( I think that was wrong but it was what the scale read) and when I arrived back in the states almost 11 months later I hit the scale at 162lbs... I have a sneaking feeling that when I return in a week or so I will be back over 170... hard to stop eating.

Ramadan is in full swing back in Morocco and I am sitting on the beach enjoying all that America can give... I feel a swiya guilty about missing out on the beginning of this period, but will be back for the last two weeks and may find coming back into the middle of the holiday can be very difficult... only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment