Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday night and I am sitting in my salon, drink in hand, music playing and computer on my lap after a day of painting and working... Today I finished a small project that involved the health sector. A PCV friend who has been working in the health area (she is in the YD program) contacted me a week or so ago about working with her on creating a form for illiterate people who are given medication for such illnesses as diabeties. The doctor when handing out with the meds would include this form so that the patient could know when to take his/her medication. Right now they mark the box with slashes to tell how many pills to take a day. So I took her idea and created icons that represented morning / afternoon / evening and spaces where the doctor could mark the number of pills to take and what time of day. She was very happy with the finished artwork and I hope it is put to use and helps. It was a fun little project Next I moved onto the Art Resource Manual that the PC has asked me to edit and layout... this is a huge undertaking and will take me most of the summer. The original was done in Word so I have cut all the copy out of Word and started to reformat it in InDesign... I look at my list of possible project on my wall and there must be a dozen or so... I like to stay busy, but maybe I am crazy. In between I painted and now have two oils completed and another almost there... I want to try to finish a few paintings a week for the next month of so and get a body of work. Today I painted theMosque out my window, Yesterday I completed the tannery in the Fes Medina and hepainting of the door. Pending News on Morocco: There are rumors protests this weekend around Morocco... it is hard to get a gage if it is just talk or if the movement is picking up again. Because of a few articles I have read and some talks with some locals I have decide to repack my "flight" bag and get some of the things I treasure together in case the worse happens and I need to flee. If that is the case I have talked with my friend here that if I leave some my things with him I may have him ship them to me if needed. I think the chances of any of this happening is very slim... but I have decided to error on the side of caution. That is about it from Morocco...

Happy Birthday Stephen... wish I was there to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment