Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bab...


Just finished my first oil painting (well maybe a swiya more to go)... it is of a typical doorway here is Morocco, ornate tile, beat-up old wooden door that is all of five feet in height. Not sure why I chose my first subject to be a door, at first i had a young boy siting on the stoop with a snarl on his face, but I painted him out with the idea of putting him back in and he never made it back as i liked the composition better without him. The canvas is a little too small for the composition but in general I am pleased . I started another painting the other day of the Fes Medina it is a larger than this and right now it is in the underpainting stage... not sure where it is going at the moment but I am leaning toward an earth tone painting, stark and old looking.


So one down and many more to come ...INSHALLAH!!!

1 comment: