Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Laundry and Artwork

The wind is whipping in Sefrou today, as it has been the last 36 hours... the sun is shrouded and the air is yellow ochre with specs of earth pelting everything. Still after a few weeks of not doing laundry the need for clean underwear next to my body is a desire I can no longer put off, so after the hand washing, scrubbing and wringing I have turned my kusina into a laundry room. I must say I have not missed the washing machine as much as I thought I might... but laundry is no longer a moment in time, it is a chore and eats into my day.
After a week of constant work on the craft fair I have finally got back to a painting I started about 10 days ago... it is a typical "hobbit hole" door in Morocco. Why a bab you ask... shit I don't know, it just felt right, the painting started out with a young boy sitting and scrowling at me but I painted him out and I like where it is going now. I would like to finish it this week and start another in a day or so. there will be no themes or series.... I may do another hobbit hole or I may just paint the wild flowers, the road between Sefrou and Fes is amazing in it greens and wild flower.... as long as I am doing something I will be content.

Inshallah... I need to get to Rabat to buy more supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment