Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Fes Medina...

Working on a painting of the Fes Medina and it leather dye area... this section of the medina sits near the bottom of the maze of streets... travel down as if you are decending into hades. I have been told that families have done this work for centuries... passed on from father to son, it is the only way to get work in this place. The painting is moving quickly as I want to capture the massive collection of building and angles on top of each other. I am not looking for too much detail and want to the eye to fill in what is not there. Set in sepia tones with muted colors and milk liquid haze sky. I think in will be done in a few more hours and it is time to tackle another one. Reference image belongs to my friend and fellow PCV Tyler... thanks xyua for capturing a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment