Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sketches From The Dirty South

In Early May I traveled down to the Essaouria area and visited with my friend and fellow PCV Josh... Josh lives in a small dewar outside of the ocean city of Essa... his village has less than 300 people and they make these wonderful water reed baskets. My reason for visiting was to help him create a logo and product catalog and discuss topics such as internet presence, pricing and to hang with a friend.



Josh's village is beatiful and his home is a bit "rustic" with no running water or reliable internet access. But the views and vistas from his roof fill one's eye with color, light and the uncontrollable urge to place color on paper.


The south of Maroc gets the nickname "dirty south" more becasue of the heat, dust and poor roads versus the landscape ... as you can see here in Josh's village it is green and lush and beautiful...




























I hope you have enjoy these snippets from my sketch book... more to come I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment