Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Green Grocery...

This is the green grocery across from my home and attached to the Mosque... melon season is upon us here in Maroc and the quantity and quality is unbelievable. Watermelons so large that carrying it home is a chore... sweeeeet honeydew, cherries (yes, not a melon) but plentiful and ripe. Normally this corner is teaming with people, but this was Friday right before midday call to prayer when the city is bare of people and noise. It is in fact one of my favorite times to walk the town. In full disclosure... this fruit/veggie man is a swiya high and at times his produce can be old, so I only shop there when I am too lazy to venture into the produce souk and purchase from my "guys".

No comments:

Post a Comment