Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Something New... Something Old

Something New: Decided to travel to Fes today and pickup a few things... so a grand taxi is needed. Off I go to the grand taxi stand for Fes and low and behold there is an area with police like fences and everyone is waiting in an orderly line to ge into the next cab... OMG did the earth stop spinning, people here waiting in a line to get the next taxi instead of he circus shitshowI have witnessed for 15 months. And now for the kicker... people actually seemed to like the idea... WTF why wouldn't they there is order first come first served versus a free-for-all. I smiled and thought there is hope after all.
Something Old and Gets Old: Well once again I was in a full taxi and the woman next to me starts getting sick... throwing up into a plastic bag. Now I know people get sick, but this has to be the 4-5th time I have been in a taxi and this happens and of course almost every bus ride has at least 2 or 3 people getting sick. Not sure why I shared that but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment