Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Hard Rain is Fallin... and Baby it Cold Inside... Again

After almost 9 months of no or very little rain the last week has been very New England like... forrid rain for days, temperatures in the 40-50's and a cold home... about to get colder. After a few days of heavy rains I also discovered that my kitchen ceiling leaks and spent one night catching water and mopping the floor. It took a little bit of time but I got the water to pool in one direction and into my wash tub... humdullah.
Now my home is not quite as cold as it was last year at this time in TimHdite but it is heading there... so far I am up to two heavy wool blankets, sleeping with my hat on again and during the day wearing a fleece, two shirts, coveralls and a hat indoors... when I go out I can remove the fleece..haha.
Time to breakout my small electric heater and crawl under the blankets and close my bedroom door and live in there once the sun sets. I guess the hardest part is that my fingers are aways cold and drawing and painting takes a little while to warm them up. It was my hope to be able to get through November without using the heater, but that is not happening... I can live with cold outside... it is insane to live that way indoors... last night I saw my breathe again in my house, that is never a good sign. The days of three cold bucket baths to cool off are done... now I may not bathe for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment