Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Bab Number II

As i have written it is cold in my home and getting colder... so to keep warm I will need to paint, for anyone who has ever watched me work a canvas I am in constant motion. I stand and walk and move back and forth looking at the work from all angles... this is a good method when the temperature in my home is under 55 degrees. The blood is moving and I am lost in the work... my fingers start off cold and almost numb but minutes into it I am unaware of the cold and my fingers are no longer stiff.

This is the underpainting for my latest in Moroccan door series... ok there is no series (yet) so this is my second door. Using Burnt Umber, Cobalt Blue and a little white I thinned the paint with turps and a little Stand oil. The door is a well perserved and wooden and the tile roof above it is Morrocan green.


I will let this sit today and maybe start another piece if the mood strikes me. It is almost time to eat sheep.... as Homer Simpson might say "mmmmmm openface sheep sandwich....arggggggh."

No comments:

Post a Comment