Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Waiting...

Working on this new oil painting of two women waiting for the local bus outside of the mosque... it is still in progress but I am getting close to laying down the brush and digging out a new canvas to begin another.

The bus as always was nowhere to be found and as time moved on these two were soon surround by more and more people as the heat of the September day drove everyone to seek the shade of the palm tree. It was souk day in Sefrou and as you can see these two have souk-bag stuffed with the days shopping. I left before these women had moved so maybe they are still waiting for the bus that never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment