Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Walk This Way...

Haven't posted a pianting in a long time, this is my latest effort to capture the woman of Morocco. Saw this older woman heading my way and reached for my camera and as she emerged from the shadows I snapped. The medium is oil on an 11x14 canvas board. I love the shadows and her determined walk as she moved across the traffic ... burdened with a heavy pack and an even heavier bundle each step seemed to wear her down. The weather is Sefrou on this day was cooler than the previous day but still in the mid-90's.
Peace Corps is easy... a woman's lot in Morocco is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment