Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Birthday in a Foreign Land...

This week I turned 54 and celebrate one year in Morocco...
Birthday's in Morocco are not even a blip on the radar, for the most part no one here knows how old they are and do not celebrate birthdays, so I kept my to myself here in my town and just treated as another day. Having said that a trip to the post office was fruitful, sitting in my box were slips for two "care" packages from home... one from Mom and the other from Susan (and Linda)... so as i eagerly scribbled my name on the form and the packages were handed to me, I walked briskly back to my home and with knife in hand opened my gifts... a pile of yummy treats and hand towels spilled onto my ponj. Thanks so much, until you live in a world so removed from home you will never understand what a letter or package from home means... it can take a lousy week and make it seem as if all is right in your world... THANKS!!!

Ramadan and traveling is behind me and summer is coming to a close... even if it is still above 90 everyday... and work is picking up again. Today I worked on a logo for a young woman who runs a rug co-op in Midelt... we have kicked a few ideas around and I think I have a few that she can choose from. This woman is a bright with a good head for business, so I want this logo to be something that she is proud of... so even if we gave to go through many changes I want the end result to be perfect. After this I will tackle the redesign of another co-op's web peresence... but the big job is the catalog for a basket maker down south, over the summer we created a logo and now we will create a paper catalog that can be the backbone of a website. These projects should keep me busy for the next 2 months...inshallah.
Salam-

No comments:

Post a Comment