Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Your Time is Gonna Come..

Here is a compilation of a few quick sketches of the people of Sefrou... mainly guesture drawings that take 30 seconds to a few minutes to complete. Moved into another medium because of the heat, pen and ink on rough paper... I can go back and add color if I think any of the sketches deem the extra work. Mainly these are just exercises to keep my hand, mind and eye sharp... I like the crispness of the ink versus the pencil these days, but i am sure in a few weeks I may be back using pencil and say something along the lines of I like the spontaniety of the pencil or some thing that sounds deep but in reality I just felt like drawing with a pencil versus the ink or a brush. Mostly that is what leads me to a medium.... I just felt like it at that moment and will remember why I like a certain medium, the pros/cons each tool brings to the table... Yeah sometime I am full of BS.

Back to the drawing tablet... salama

2 comments: