Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Camels by the Surf...

Yes camels on the beach... beaches in Maroc are both same and different than back in the states... the difference ranges from some women covered head to toe in garments, the constant barking of men selling everything from tatoos, smokes, ice cream, coffee and donuts..., but the thing that makes it all so African is the camels on the beach. I have not been on a camel yet and look forward to a camel trek later this year into the dunes. This family of camels strut up and down the beach looking for business... and every once and awhile someone is riding one.

No comments:

Post a Comment