Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Peace Corps Invitation... ACCEPTED!

After almost 18 months and many moments of "are they kidding me..." I received a phone call which consisted of a 35 minute question and answer session about my desires, fears and expectations of what the next 27 months would be like in the Peace Corps... at the end of the call I was extended an invitation to join in the Small Business Development Program in Morocco.

The packet arrived two days later with the instructions to read thoroughly and inform the Peace Corps within 10 days of my acceptance or to decline. I took a week to read everything and to talk to my family and closest friends about what had been up to now a possibility was now on the brink of reality... I sent my acceptance in without reservation and with total commitment.

Now almost two weeks since I've accepted, I have been in a whirlwind of activity as I completed all the PC requirements in the first 10 days, informed the companies I do business with of my pending departure and ready my home life to be without me for the next two plus years. My departure date is set for September 13 and the time is whipping by. There is so much to do and I am not sure I can get everything I want done before I leave... but as long as the major things are wrapped up tight I can leave with a clear mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment