Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is it always sunny in Philadelphia?

On Tuesday I received my Peace Corps staging email explaining my next steps toward heading to Morocco in September, but before I board that flight I will be heading to Philadelphia for my staging events on the 13th of September. Then after a very busy orientation day and night I will leave these fair shore for Casablanca, Morocco. Casablanca... conjures up visions of Humphrey Bogart sitting in a darkened room drowning his sorrows in a glass of bourbon and asking Sam to play it again. But I know this is not the Morocco I will encounter, quite honestly I am not sure what I will encounter when I land and most certainly I have no idea what the next 27 months will bring.

Still, I am another step closer to my journey to Morocco, as each day closes and the next one appears I find I have completed another task, battled mentally the idea of moving to another culture and away from all I know and everyone I love and yet at times I have felt the warm glow of knowing this is what I want to do and it feels right.

2 comments:

  1. This will be good. I understand the need to change your life before you can move forward. This will be good.

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hope... I am sure you do understand the need to make changes, life closed one door on me and I had a few options and after much thought have turned the handle on this one.

    Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete