Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hot fun in the summertime

Yesterday my family throw a small party for me and I was very touched. My brother held it at his home and they served a couple of Moroccan dish and if the food taste as good as what I ate yesterday then I will be a happy man living far from home. It was one of those beautiful summer afternoons in New England... with great food, a few cold drinks and hardy laughed with loved ones.

The main topic for discussion was how sick will I get and how many cases of "wipes" I can stuff into the allotted 80 lbs of luggage. The general idea was to forget taking clothes and just bring "arse" wipes, everything else will have to wait. There was much laughter, a few tears, some photo and a wonderful toast... and of course a cake if you stayed long enough to grab a piece.

I have been blessed with a supportive, loving family and many dear, wonderful friends. The count down is on... minus 13 days. The house is painted (almost) work is winding down (not soon enough) packing has commenced (no wipes...yet) and I am on edge and a little agitated as I fight to get everything in order and my life put in a neat package here and ready myself for a new life across the ocean.

In šāʾ Allāh (إن شاء الله)

No comments:

Post a Comment