Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Four Years... seems like yesteday

Today is the fourth anniversary of my darling wife Carolyn's death... it seems like yesterday we lived through that horrible day and the aftermath of it all. When I sit back in the quiet of the evening tonight and let my mind drift off and relive our life together and think of the last four of living with out her I find it beyond belief that FOUR years have traveled by...

People have said we were robbed and life has given me a raw deal... but I think to myself... Maybe, but I was blessed to have had a wonderful and powerful love and to have it returned and wish that everyone could have what we had even for a moment... we had it for 30 years and yes I am greedy and wanted 30 more... but that was not to be.

Miss you more than these or any words can describe... and time does heal the wounds, yet the sadness never leaves it just fades into the background.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment