Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Purple haze...

This woman walks by the cafe outside my place everyday, she is usually dress from head to toe in either black or blue and she was blessed with cheek bones that a younger woman would kill to have. Heavyset and always walking with a purpose greeting a few friends, she goes by empty handed and returns less than an hour later with the days food in each hand. There is nothing unusally about this woman... her look and demeanor I see a 1000 times each day, she just happens pass by me a few times a week.

The painting is a study in oils and 9x11 inches, composed in purple and deep blues with her complexsion renderes in earth tones umbers, ochre and varying cadiums which I hope makes her face pop off the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment