Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

In The "Bled"...

Here is the finished painting of the woman working the wool into yarn... It was a good exercise but I ran into some problems with keeping colors in the face area from getting "muddy". The lack of small brushes has made me improvise in the tight areas... but at last I will be receiving some small brushes from home and this should allow me to work those areas with a wee bit more control. I have have four more canvas for oil left to complete... which means I will fall back to watercolor. The beauty of oils for me is that I can attack the rectangle with passion and total freedom... using whatever method to apply the color that strikes me at the moment. Watercolor for me is a more controlled medium... I am lacking the discipline right now... so I need to find it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment