Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February... baby it is cold inside

With what I hear is another 20 inches of snow about to fall in Boston as a thick frosting to the 50-60 inches already on the ground I have no good right to complain about the cold that desended onto Sefrou this morning. In fact the temperature is a steady 40-45 degrees, which is actually quite lovely, it is the 50-55 degrees inside the house that makes my fingers icey cold and my breathe visible... granted Sefrou is no TimHdite... yes I was getting spoiled. Maybe I should have gotten a bigger heater.

Today was one of those days that i think I am getting nothing done until I come to the end of the day and have all these little things started or completed... as I write I am under a heavy blanket and listen to Morphine and have this craving to lose myself in a haze, to dull my brain and float off the edge of reality... but I resist. It must be in part do to this inner urge I have to get up and paint or draw... on paper or canvas (not whiteboard) and I lack materials. Why is the only place to get these things a 3-4 hour train ride (oneway). I feel unfulfilled and need to create, to play with colors, to smell linseed oil, have the sensation of running my fingers through the paint as I move it around the surface to place marks down and watch them come together as I walk a mile in a ten foot space... in and out of the canvas,... oblivous to everything outside of my work!!! I am not sure I can truely convey the what it like to be in the moment... but it is building and I need the release.

I must go to RABAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment