Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why So SSSerious Son...

Self-Portrait No.2
A little birdy upon seeing this portrait mentioned that I "looked so serious", I chuckled and said I get so engrossed that I forget to smile or change my expression... I will show a "softer" side in my next portrait. I am very happy with my easle, so far it was money well spent.
Not much else is going on... working at many projects and gathering information about the local artisans so I can devise a plan over the next couple of months. The Peace Corps I find is report and paperwork happy... I have never been one to fill out reports and do not see me filling out these "busywork" reports, from what I can see it is a bunch of buracratic bullshit.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, my bureaucratic bullshit artist...lol Today is TRUCK DAY! We don't need no stink'n Pennsylvanian rat to tell us when spring is coming. The truck left this morning and spring training is only day's away! That will make you smile!
    enjoy yourself, the portrait looks nice,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who might that little birdy have been? Ha ha...I expect at least a little sinister smirk next portrait...Miss you JWF.

    ReplyDelete