Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweet Home Sefrou...

For those of my friends an who have been wondering what my home in Sefrou looks like... here are some images to give you an idea. So you can take a "virtual tour" of my home, the front door, kitchen, into my bathroom, bedroom and salon/livingarea... I close with a snapshot of my turish toilet, a MAJOR upgrade from the first two bathrooms since my arrival here.
In Peace Corps lingo I am living the "Posh Corps" lifestyle, mainlybecause I have everything a city of 80k can give you, running water, internet, food, store and a roof, yet among my peers I am in the middle, better than some more "rustic" than others. The place is what I wanted but does lack hot water, shower, western toilet and heat (well NOBODY) has heat really. if it is the Posh Corps so be it, I am in Small Business Development and no longer the wide-eyed kid I might have once been... had no interest in haul water from the river, living on dirt floors or in a village of 300. So enjoy and come visit ther is plenty of room...







































































My turkish is as clean as I can get it, if I have to stand over it to take a bucket bath it will be spotless...HAHA. You can figure out what the bucket is there for... but this one will take TP in very small amounts...inshallah!

4 comments:

  1. Living large cousin! Nice digs. David Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...very bright and spacious. It is much nicer than I expected and leave it to you to make it look like an artists studio. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much zuiner than my old bachelor pad. I love the French windows. BssHA! Say hi to Ali for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I approve of the (stolen?) coca cola chairs.

    ReplyDelete