Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Morning

"Sunday morning rain is falling...Steal some covers share some skin... Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable... You twist to fit the mold that I am in.." This is my mood on this dreary, windy and rainy Sunday morning. Words by Maroon 5... mood and feelings supplied by me. I could have hugged the covers all day, but laying alone with things to do drove me out of my drowsy comfort and into the morning wind. I remember many a Sunday morning when I would lay in bed with my love, maybe I will live in that world again someday... n-shallah.

Arhhh, yes it is going to be one of those day when I fight for control from sun raise to sunset... it must be the holiday season, distance and time that brings me to these moments. But control I have and things I must do, so I will move out into the day.

Yesterday I saw nice home (kbir swiya) and the best place I have seen so far, the rent is 1300Dhs and unless I (actually my friend Ali) can negotiate the price down or I convince the Peace Corps that the ceiling they set for rent in Sefrou is out-dated and low by about 200Dhs then I will have to continue looking. Want this search to come to an end so I can put my time to better use.

Christmas is less than a week away it seems like it is a thousand years away, but I will be with new friends in a foreign country on the holiday and will rejoice and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment