Well not really "the far side of the world" but from my perch in America it seem that way. I created this blog, as a place to share my stories, observations and creative impulses that crop up in my day-to-day life during my Peace Corps service.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Long and Winding Road... to Rabat.

Well a lot has happened sinceI last posted... completed my CBT, took my LPI and the traveled to Rabat for swearing in and celebration. I was ready to leave TimHdite, but at the same time it felt as if I was leaving a piece of me behind and taking something with we that will last my lifetime. It was a cold town with a warm heart...

LPI or Language Test... well going into the test I knew there was a good chance I would not get to the minimum, not that I haven't studied or tried it is just I have fallen behind and can't seem to grasp what is being said. Anyways I took the test (verbal) and thought I did pretty good... only to find I did not pass. My ego was bruised and it had been a trying few weeks anyways and I was thinking maybe it is time to leave. I spent most of that night soul-searching if I would EVER get this language down.

Needless to say since I am still writing this blog and I am now a PCV I decided to keep pluging along in hopes that in the next few months I will begin to be able to put complete sentences together and understand what is said to me...nshallah!!

Swearing in... This was a great day for all of us, it has been a long journey to this point and many starts and stops. The weather was outstanding, the speakers were great and the lunch was... mmm not so great. It was with great pride that I stood to take the oath, an I was emotional and that I was not expecting, since coming here I have tried to keep a check on all emotions, to stay level headed. Yet I found myself almost in tears of pride and happiness.

So now I am a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) and I am on my own... almost and tomorrow I travel to Marrakech for a week. Life can be full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment